Naomi Osaka, 16, Japan
Made a splash at Stanford this summer, powering her way past Samantha Stosur in the first WTA main draw match of her career - her first Top 20 win - before falling to in-form Andrea Petkovic.
1. Where were you born? Osaka, Japan
2. Where do you currently live? Fort Lauderdale, FL
3. If you weren't a tennis player, what profession would you like to have? Maybe sports agent
4. Do you have any pets? If so, what kind of animal and what is its name? No
5. What is your favorite color of nail polish? Canmake Sparkly Gold (not just sparkly gold)
6. Do you have a nickname? Nao
7. What is the most unique thing in your tennis bag? A charm my grandfather gave me; it means a "win."
8. What is the last gift you gave someone? A face cream
9. Where is your favorite place to visit? Tokyo
10. Please give a quote about how excited you are to be considered for the Rising Stars event. I'm really excited to be considered for this event. I've never been to Singapore, so even having the opportunity to go is very cool.