CoCo Vandeweghe, 22, USA
The American not only broke through to her first WTA title at 's-Hertogenbosch, but made a dream run to the quarterfinals of Montréal, taking out both Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic along the way.
1. Where were you born? New York City, New York.
2. Where do you currently live? Newport Beach, California.
3. If you weren't a tennis player, what profession would you like to have? I would probably be playing basketball it runs in the family. I don't think I will ever lose this competitive drive!
4. Do you have any pets? If so, what kind of animal and what is its name? I have a white German Shepard, her name is Dutchess. She is more my mom's fifth child then a pet.
5. What is your favorite color of nail polish? Blue for sure! I have been turned off red ever since my mom caught me using hers when I was a kid and told me my toes would stop working if I wore red.
6. Do you have a nickname? Coconutter, co, coco bean, cokes,and what what. You would think CoCo would be enough of a nickname.
7. What is the most unique thing in your tennis bag? I have a Polish good luck bracket, a teddy bear, and a Japanese good luck charm.
8. What is the last gift you gave someone? I gave my little brother some really cool noise canceling headphones which is apparently really key for gamers.
9. Where is your favorite place to visit? New York City, and Australia.
10. Please give a quote about how excited you are to be considered for the Rising Stars event. I am really honored to be part of such a talented group of players. I hope I get chosen!